Welcome to Runyan Elementary!
As Principal, I am proud to serve the students and community of Runyan Elementary. If I can assist you in any way, please contact me through email or phone:
Our goal is simple: Work in partnership with parents and the community to enable each student at Runyan Elementary to achieve academic, social and emotional success. As Principal, it is my expectation that each Runyan teacher know his/her students' individual needs on a daily basis and have the instructional skills and a solid plan to meet those needs. In most cases students' needs can be effectively addressed within the classroom through research-based instructional practices with, perhaps, minor accommodations. In some cases more support is necessary, and we work interdependently as a staff and a district to ensure the necessary support is available.
Parent support is vital to achieving our goal. For students to be successful in school, they must believe school is important and that their parents expect high achievement. Parents can encourage this understanding within their children in a number of simple ways:
- Have them at school on time every day they are well enough to attend. Instruction begins at 7:45 each day.
- Ask about what they learned at school every day; show an interest in what they're learning.
- Set aside time for homework each afternoon and make it a priority.
- Read with them every night and talk about what was read.
- Talk about their educational future and how it will influence the choices they have. For example, athletic coaches want gifted athletes who are also smart enough to solve problems, and employers who pay high salaries want college graduates to work for them.
- Stay in touch with the teacher. Maintain a current phone number so the teacher can contact you, and make an effort to check in from time to time to see how your child is progressing.
Most successful people had a lot of other people around encouraging them and helping them during their childhood years. Each staff member at Runyan is here because we love and want to help Runyan students, but we can't do it alone. It will take all of us working together -- teachers, parents, students and community members -- to ensure the success of every Runyan student. I invite you to be a strong presence in your child's academic development.