Welcome to Pre-Kindergarten!
My name is Alison Rivera and I am delighted to be your child's pre-kindergarten teacher. My husband and I are the parents of two young children and I know very well how exciting your first school experience will be. Your child will learn and grow at an amazing rate this year. My goal is to work with each of you to help your child reach his/her fullest potential. In addition to learning social skills, some topics we will explore this year include:
* Identify all letters of the alphabet (upper and lowercase) and produce the correct sound(s) for each letter.
*Write 26 upper and lowercase letters using correct pencil grip.
* Identify and write first and last name using capital/lowercase letters as appropriate.
* Read 21 pre-kindergarten sight words (we will start after Winter Break) I, a, am, to, go, we, my, can, you, see, the, are, like, it, is, and, on, in, look, do, what
*Demonstrate book awareness and concepts of print.
*Recognize and produce rhyming words.
* Identify numbers 0-10 and make number groups.
* Count to 30 without help.
*Recognize shapes (square, circle, triangle, rectangle, oval, rhombus)
*Sort objects by color, shape and size.
* Create/extend patterns.
I am always interested in hearing from you. You can email me anytime firstname.lastname@example.org, I am also available during my conference time if you would like to call or schedule a conference.
I want to thank each of you for sharing your child with me this year!